Saturday, January 16, 2016

Jan 16 - planning dilemma

Jan 16 – I have a dilemma.  My body is not ready yet to resume riding 13 miles at a time, but I’ve already planned out my stopovers in 13-mile increments as far as the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border. 

I’ve researched the places, I’ve collected the images, I’ve thought about my reactions and what I can say about them.  I feel like I’m almost there. 

My muscles feel weak, I’m still coughing, and my breath is still not strong enough for sustained riding.  According to what my body is ready to do, I think I should cycle 9 miles today, then 11 tomorrow, then resume 13 miles the next day, then work to increase my speed until I can do the 42 rpm that I had been doing.  But that would take me away from the stopovers I had planned, and I’m just not willing to throw them away and find out about others. 

So for this part of the journey, instead of planning the virtual travel according to the exercise I can do, I’m going to let the virtual travel control the exercise routine.

 

I’ll cycle another 6-mile day today, 7 miles tomorrow, but put effort into increasing my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment