Saturday, January 23, 2016

Jan 23 - resting on a slippery slope

Jan 23 – I have a busy day ahead of me, and I don’t see how I can spend an hour & 15 minutes on cycling today (set up, cycling, cool down, shower).  And I can’t afford to be exhausted before I even begin my day.  I’ve felt this way on other days, but I just did the cycling and I survived.  I’m still struggling with 13 miles every day, especially after my cold.  I feel weak & I ache in my hips as well as my cycling muscles.  Maybe I should ease back to 9 miles a day, or reduce my speed.  I don’t know what to do next.  But I’m not willing to ruin the rest of my day.  So I’m declaring a rest day.  In pro cycling, a “rest day” means a 2-hour session.  Ha!  That’s not my idea of resting!  I’m also wondering if an occasional “rest day” from cycling will allow me to spend more time on my historical research instead of virtual travel research.  But then there’s that slippery slope into excuses and stagnation.

And now I have to deal with the slippery slope of re-posting other people’s images.  Too many people do not credit the images they post, so I can’t either.  I don’t want to give credit to the person who simply took an image, but I can’t find the person who should get credit.  Something else to ponder.

1 comment:

  1. REST!! Feel better! You'll make it! The Leahy Library In Barre and The Tavern Restaurant in Essex await your arrival. I'll have a nice new Subaru Forester for our comfort and enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete