Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Kirkella, Manitoba

charming old church
1,231 miles  (415 US miles + 1,251 Canadian km)

Jan 27 – Today I got my first views of Manitoba.  I’m really eager for a change of scenery, although in reality this area is cold and windy in the winter and has frequent blizzards. I’m expecting to see some evidence of the sport of curling, since it’s said to be especially popular here.  I find it more interesting than fast-paced & violent hockey because it rewards forethought & accuracy.


Kirkella is a bleak little hamlet with a charming name and this little old church near the highway. 

January road conditions

Here’s an image from the Canadian Automobile Association road cameras to show actual road conditions in January.





church image:  Manitoba Historical Society, www.mhs.mb.ca
road image: Canadian Automobile Association, www.caamanitoba.com


No comments:

Post a Comment